Get the Biggest Bang for Your Advertising Buck!
Are you launching a new product? Introducing a new service? Entering a new market? When your company creates a new offering, a targeted, integrated advertising campaign could be the best approach to create excitement and energy around it - and to sell it! Before you proceed, remember that there are two sides to advertising.
- There's Good News - One of the greatest advantages to advertising is you can reach a very large audience very quickly.
- There's Bad News - It can be very expensive and many of the people you are reaching may not be potential customers.
To create an advertising campaign that gets the results you want without blowing your budget, follow these guidelines:
- Isolate. By isolating your target market you can use the benefits of advertising cost-effectively. To narrow down your target market, first determine the demographics of your ideal customer. You can then match up your demographics to the right media. All media outlets know their customers - their age, gender, income level, where they live, what they read, where they work (industry related), and where they play (interests and hobbies). Use this information to determine how you can use your advertising dollars most effectively to reach your ideal customers.
- Differentiate. Now that you know who your customers are and how to find them, make sure your messages mean something to them. Communicating the value of your product or service - not its features - is most important. Put yourself in your customers' shoes and ask - How can this help me? Why do I care? Remember to translate your benefits into what it means to the customer.
- Consolidate. By thinking out your campaign in advance you can create an approach based on one key concept and design advertising and marketing pieces that serve multiple purposes. This approach can create big cost savings in the long run on creative work, printing and mailing.
- Integrate. To increase the results of your investment use different medias concurrently to saturate your target market, i.e. print ads/transit ads/TV/radio/direct mail/Website/email. By using the same creative concepts and the same messages that can translate easily from one media to the other you will reach you target market with a clear concise campaign and create brand consistency.
Advertise with a Great Event!
Culminate the energy and excitement you've built with your advertising campaign by hosting an event! An event like a Trade Show or Open House is a great way to get in front of your customers and prospects. Using events will allow you the opportunity to showcase the value and benefits of your products and services. Use this face-to-face time to:
- Educate them about other products and services you offer that they may not know about.
- Communicate new services you are offering or inform them of any specials they may want to take advantage of.
Generate stronger relationships. Today with technology we don't spend enough time with our customers face to face. Building relationships happens face to face, not through technology.
- Demonstrate how your new products and services will help them.
- Commemorate a special occasion like a grand opening or an anniversary.
Getting your customers and prospects involved face to face will increase the likelihood that they will connect with your company and respond to your calls to action!