Product & Service Launches That Make a Splash
When planning the launch of a business, a product, a service or a new location, it's critical to keep branding front and center - and to remember that branding involves more than your logo and your marketing materials.
For a new business, your launch is the opportunity to introduce your brand to the world. Your brand should reflect the image you want to portray in the marketplace, the experience you want customers to have when working with you and the values you have determined will guide your company. When launching a product, service or location as part of an existing business, it's important to consider your company brand and make sure that the brand of the new entity integrates into it successfully.
Items that will be affected by any new branding include:
- Marketing Materials
- Store/Office Space
- Public Relations
- Company Events
- Articles/White Papers
How do you accomplish this integration?
- Define your new entity and the value it brings to your organization as a whole.
- Decide whether the new entity is an expansion of current offerings or something completely new and different.
- Create the brand for the new entity and plan its launch!
Planning - The Secret To Success
It's easy to get excited when launching a new product or service, and many companies make the mistake of launching too early. Avoid this pitfall by making sure that all of your marketing pieces associated with the launch are created and communicate a consistent brand and message before going live. For example, when introducing a new product in the marketplace, it may be tempting to give your sales team the print materials you've created for it before your website has been updated with the new product information. Or when rolling out a service, it may sound appealing to launch an email or telemarketing campaign to generate leads, but if you do it before the print materials are ready, you run this risk of appearing unprepared and unprofessional to your prospects.
Create a launch plan that includes the following:
- A detailed plan about the product or service itself (its definition, value, pricing, brand, etc.)
- A launch date - when you know that all the pieces will be ready!
- A schedule and budget
Taking the time to think through the branding process and planning out the steps of your launch will allow your company to make a big splash that produces big results.
Choose the Best Venue for Your Launch!
Choosing the right vehicle for your launch to make it special is important. Here are some worth considering:
- Trade Show - Great place to unveil new products.
- Direct Mail Campaign - Include a promotional item.
- Open House - Great way to get people to your store or office.
- Grand Opening - Everyone loves a party!
- Seminar or Workshop - Give attendees valuable tips and advice.
- Online Demo or Webinar - Drive prospects to your website.